Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Taste of Brazil in New York City


Colonial Cafe:

Last night I ate at this elegant Brazilian restaurant in the East Village of Manhattan called Colonial Cafe. It has a quaint, pre-industrial atmosphere, in fact, upon entrance there is a sign that bans cellphone use. Thankfully, I am not the only who thinks that cell phone use is an overbearing annoyance most of the time. The warm ambiance is supplemented by the friendly waitress who greets and sits the patrons. The music playing on the speakers is low and unobtrusive which makes for the perfect environment for compelling conversation. The place was not too crowded but it wasn't empty either, which makes it a perfect place to discuss sensitive issues publicly without feeling that the NSA is listening.

My first time trying Brazilian food and I loved the combination of fruits and spices. I ordered a fish dish as did my partner who ordered the grilled Salmon, I had another type of fish, although I can't quite remember the name. The caffé latte I ordered was great.

I didn't see anything on the desert that appealed to me so I didn't order any desert.

As far as price range, expect to pay $15 to $25 per entrée.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home