Thursday, January 19, 2006

Antonio Davis Suspended by NBA

Looks like Antonio Davis is suspended for five games. That's quite a lengthy suspension. David Stern and Co. really have some issues to look at. Instead of trying to continually give players stiff penalties they need to just ban drinking at the games. There is just too much potential for any type of situation to escalate.


Davis said: ``I witnessed my wife being threatened by a man that I learned later to be intoxicated. I saw him touch her, and I know I should not have acted the way I did, but I would have felt terrible if I didn't react. There was no time to call security. It happened too quickly.''

"The fan, Michael Axelrod, claims he did nothing wrong and says he was attacked by Davis' wife. He has said he plans to sue Davis and his wife, as well as the New York Knicks." courtesy of cbs2chicago.com.

No one knows the whole story as of yet.


Michael Axelrod(the fan) claims that he did nothing and has stated that he plans to sue for 1 million dollars. Apparently he is some kind of "prominent political consultant." I wonder if he works for Bush. If so, no matter what happened in the stands last night, he will win his "court case."

Wondering how everyone feels about this situation? Leave a comment if you have some thoughts.

PD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home